29 June 2016 – Enterprise Agreement submitted
You probably saw the email from the Managing Director that announced the ballot result for a new enterprise agreement.
I am now pleased to advise you that the TAFE Commission of NSW Administrative, Support and Related Employees Enterprise Agreement 2016 (AG2016/1672) has been signed and submitted to the Fair Work Commission.
The Fair Work Commission (FWC) approval process
As part of TAFE's commitment to open and transparent communication, I wanted to take this opportunity to help you understand the approval process:
- The enterprise agreement was signed by TAFE and employee representatives and submitted for approval to the FWC on 29 June 2016, in accordance with Rule 40 of the FWC Rules.
- The FWC will now review the agreement and supporting documents to satisfy itself that it meets the legislative requirements. This ensures that the agreement:
- was genuinely approved by employees
- includes the mandatory content such as a dispute settlement and consultation provisions
- passes the better off overall test compared to the various Awards which would otherwise apply.
- Once the agreement is approved by the FWC, TAFE will process the agreed pay increases – this will include a payment to cover the period between 1 July 2016 and the date when the agreement is approved by the FWC. We expect that the approval date will be six to eight weeks after 29 June 2016.
- The new classification structure will be implemented from 1 January 2017, until then the current conditions, allowances and Flexible Working Hours Agreement will still apply.
If you have any questions about the process or the new agreement, please speak to your local People and Culture or Human Resources team or email EnterpriseBargaining2015@tafensw.edu.au
DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE ENGAGEMENT