7 June 2016 – Email about EB session 21
I'm pleased to report that following extensive bargaining, the CPSU PSA and other unions have agreed to support a new enterprise agreement for Administrative, Support and Related Employees. At the agreement's core is a consistent classification structure that will deliver the flexibility we need to compete effectively for students in NSW.
What are the key benefits?
The new agreement is different to the previous proposal, directly addressing the feedback we heard during the last ballot.
The new agreement features:
- A 2.5% pay increase from 23 June 2016
- Salary levels will be protected through transition into the new classification structure
- A consistent 35 hour work week for full-time employees
- A consistent set of conditions and allowances for all employees
- Rostered Days Off will still be retained for shift workers
- Greater access to continuity of employment for current temporary employees.
What happens next?
As soon as TAFE NSW finalises administrative arrangements for a ballot, you will be given an opportunity to vote on the agreement proposal. The Access Period will commence on 9 June 2016 and the Ballot Period will open from 17 to 23 June 2016.
To help you understand the proposal, there will be local information sessions and copies of the agreement will be made available to you.
If you have any questions please contact your People and Culture team.
DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE ENGAGEMENT