8 September 2015 – Email announcing the access period
On 2 September 2015 I wrote to employees covered by the proposed TAFE Commission of NSW Administrative, Support and Related Employees Enterprise Agreement 2015 (the proposed Agreement) to notify you of the commencement of the access period for the agreement.
TAFE NSW has since identified a systems error that meant that approximately 152 employees did not receive my email. As a result, TAFE NSW is re-opening the employee access period today to ensure all employees eligible to vote have every opportunity to access the proposed Agreement and other relevant material.
This email also contains important information about the employee ballot for the proposed Agreement, which will now open on 16 September 2015.
Today, I am writing to advise you that:
- A new 'Access Period' will begin from today, 8 September 2015 (the access period is, in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009, the period in which employees have access to the terms of the proposed Agreement to enable them to consider how they will vote); and
- the ballot will open at 12:01am on Wednesday, 16 September 2015 and close at 11:59pm on Monday, 21 September 2015 (Ballot Period).
How do I vote?
The ballot will be conducted by a company called CorpVote, which has expertise in managing independent and secure electronic and telephone voting processes.
Prior to the Ballot Period, all employees eligible to vote will receive an email from CorpVote at their work email address, or by post if they do not have a work email address. This email or mail will contain:
- your individual log in and password details;
- a link that will take you directly to the voting portal for the Agreement; and
- instructions on how to vote.
Employees who have notified us that they are on leave, and those whose email addresses are unable to be confirmed, will also receive revised voting information sent to their home address. This will contain the details on how to vote via the internet or telephone.
During the Ballot Period, you can vote on your computer at work or at home or by telephone. If you want to vote on your computer at home you can send the email from CorpVote from your work email address to your home email address.
Where can I find more information?
Attached to this email are copies of:
- the proposed Agreement;
- a guide explaining the terms of the proposed Agreement;
- Information from Corpvote on how to vote in the ballot.
Copies of these documents are also available on the TAFE NSW enterprise bargaining website.
Pam ChristieMANAGING DIRECTOR, TAFE NSW