20 July 2017 - Email announcing the access period
This email contains important information about the employee ballot for the proposed TAFE Commission of NSW TAFE Managers Enterprise Agreement 2017 (the ‘Agreement’), which will open on 28 July 2017.
Today, I am writing to advise you that:
- the 'Access Period' will begin from Thursday, 20 July 2017 (the access period is, in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009, the period in which employees have access to the terms of the Agreement); and
- the ballot will open at 12:01am on Friday, 28 July 2017 and close at 11:59pm on Monday, 31 July 2017 (‘Ballot Period’).
Who is eligible to vote?
All current TAFE Managers employed under the proposed Agreement are eligible to vote.
How do I vote?
The ballot will be conducted by a company called CorpVote, which has expertise in managing independent and secure electronic and telephone voting processes.
Prior to the Ballot Period, all employees eligible to vote will receive an email from CorpVote at their work email address. This email will contain:
- your individual log in and password details;
- a link that will take you directly to the voting portal for the Agreement; and
- instructions on how to vote.
Employees who have notified us that they are on leave, and have not provided us with a personal email address, will also receive voting information sent to their home address. This will contain the details on how to vote via the internet or telephone.
During the Ballot Period, you can vote on your computer at work or at home or by telephone. If you want to vote on your computer at home, you can send the email from CorpVote from your work email address to your home email address.
Where can I find more information?
Attached to this email are copies of:
- the proposed Agreement;
- a guide explaining the terms of the Agreement;
- a clause by clause summary of the terms of the Agreement;
- Information from Corpvote on how to vote in the ballot.
Copies of these documents are also available on the TAFE NSW enterprise bargaining website.
We will be conducting a series of information sessions on Workplace during the access period. Please keep an eye out for notification of the times for these events.