11 May 2016 – EMAIL ANNOUNCING THE BALLOT RESULT
I am writing to let you that know that the ballot for the TAFE Commission of NSW Teachers and Related Employees Enterprise Agreement 2016 has now closed.
The results were:
- 9% voted yes
- 91% voted no
- 54% of staff participated in the vote
This result means that the proposed Agreement will not proceed and that the current Agreement will continue in force until a new Agreement is approved.
TAFE NSW will continue to bargain with employee representatives in an effort to find an acceptable outcome to the challenges we face together:
- The ongoing viability of TAFE NSW
- Strong competition from other training providers in a crowded market
- More demands from students and business about how, when and where their training is provided
- The need to reform our Training Delivery Model to grow market share as the only sustainable way to secure jobs.
I want to thank everyone for asking questions and providing valuable feedback about the proposal. Throughout this process TAFE NSW has achieved a number of key objectives we set for enterprise bargaining:
- Maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with the union and our employees
- Being transparent, open and honest in communications with staff
- Increasing engagement with all TAFE NSW employees covered by this agreement.
All parties involved in the negotiations will reconvene and recommence bargaining within 4 weeks. TAFE NSW will continue to bargain in good faith with the union and nominated representatives. Once agreement has been made any negotiated pay increase will be paid from that date, following approval by the Fair Work Commission.
Please visit the website to find out more, ask questions or provide feedback.
Regards and please stay safe,
MANAGING DIRECTOR, TAFE NSW