21 OCTOBER 2015 – EMAIL ABOUT EB SESSION 6
On 8 and 16 October TAFE NSW, the union and nominated representatives met for our sixth round of bargaining for the TAFE Commission of NSW Teachers and Related Employees Enterprise Agreement 2015.
What was discussed?
TAFE NSW presented more information around the trial scope for the proposed Trainer role. Key details from the paper include:
- Delivery trials involving Trainers will not exceed 30% of TAFE NSW's total delivery.
- Proposals to participate in the trial for Trainers will meet the following criteria:
- the trial provides opportunities for TAFE NSW Institutes to grow overall delivery, and enrolments
- the trial supports locally identified opportunities and innovations
- the trial provides opportunities for improved learning outcomes for students
- the trial includes the new roles working within a team including Teachers
- the ratio of new Trainer role to Teachers does not, subject to any special considerations brought to the attention of and accepted by the JMC, exceed 1:2 within the faculty or business line for the Institute.
You can view the document tabled by TAFE NSW here.
TAFE NSW also responded to questions raised by the unions and nominated representatives. The TAFE NSW bargaining team:
- explained that in the TAFE Delivery Model the role of Part-time Teachers is the same as Teachers
- proposed the qualifications a Trainer would require to ensure the quality of education and training retained – you'll find the detail about this in the document linked above.
TAFE NSW looks forward to further discussions at the next meeting.
Bargaining representatives from TAFE NSW met with the nominated bargaining representatives on 8 October and AEU NSW Teachers Federation on 16 October.
What will happen next?
We look forward to discussing the proposal further at the next bargaining sessions on 22 October 2015.
Want to know more?
DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE ENGAGEMENT