7 August 2015 – EMAIL ABOUT EB SESSION 2
I wanted to take this opportunity to give you an update following our second bargaining session for the TAFE NSW Teachers and Related Employees Enterprise Agreement.
You may be aware that we have commenced bargaining and it is important that I provide you with some background and context to the discussions held so far in the bargaining sessions. Much of the discussions to date have centred around the changing VET environment and options for our workforce model moving forward.
The VET environment has changed and TAFE NSW needs to change with it. We need:
- A diverse workforce that supports the ideas and insights needed for the future
- An agile workforce that can respond to the changing needs of our students and industry
- To be cost competitive in a highly competitive VET market
- An enterprise agreement that will create more job opportunities for the future.
To succeed in the changed VET environment we believe a number of reforms will be required.
What was discussed?
To date, TAFE NSW has tabled two presentations for discussion – you can view these here:
- TAFE NSW Presentation Part 1 – The TAFE NSW areas of interest
- TAFE NSW Presentation Part 1 – The VET Delivery Team
On 5 August 2015 bargaining representatives from TAFE NSW met with the AEU NSW Teachers Federation and nominated bargaining representatives.
What will happen next?
The next bargaining sessions are scheduled for 18 and 19 August 2015. At these sessions we look forward to discussing this aspect of TAFE's proposal further and other issues with the unions and nominated bargaining representatives.
Want to know more?
DIRECTOR, WORKFORCE ENGAGEMENT