One TAFE NSW: Learning for jobs and brighter futures
One TAFE NSW, an exciting modernisation program, aims for a sustainable and innovative future to provide higher quality learning and training for our students.
TAFE NSW stands proudly at the centre of the state's vocational education and training sector. We are the leading skills provider in the state, and deliver relevant, high-quality, practical and creative training to grow the NSW economy and skill the workforce of the future.
With a trusted reputation and strong connections to our communities, TAFE NSW is now investing in a sustainable and innovative future through an exciting modernisation program to:
- expand our reach;
- provide more accessible and convenient services where, when and how learners choose;
- create a student-centred workforce and providing systems that better support our people;
- work as One TAFE NSW, not separate institutes; and
- become more efficient and commercial.
The NSW Government's vision is for a modern TAFE NSW that provides high quality, industry-relevant training for the jobs of tomorrow. Read the vision here.
To find out how we are delivering job ready workers, being a successful business, strengthening communities and growing our people, read our Strategic Plan 2016 -22.
As part of our modernisation program, TAFE NSW is embarking on a landmark investment program to renew our facilities so students get hands-on skills for jobs and employers get a job-ready workforce into the future. TAFE NSW is investing in our best practice training approaches, broadening our reach and providing training in a mix of different ways so students can get job-ready where, how and when they want. Read Building a TAFE NSW for the Future.
As One TAFE our investment will focus on:
- revitalising campuses to create state-of-the-art learning facilities that meet industry standards and demand;
- upgrading specialist centres in consultation with industry to support advanced training in technology-intensive, technical and trade areas;
- broadening our reach through new digitally enabled, next generation learning environments called Flexible Learning Centres based in convenient locations across regional and metropolitan NSW. These include Connected Learning Centres, Learning Hubs and Access Points.
- increasing access to a range of mobile training services including Mobile Education Units; and
- incorporating advanced digital technology into learning environments e.g. virtual reality and augmented reality, advanced simulations, cloud-based technology.
To fund the investment program, TAFE NSW will recycle, repurpose or sell property that is underused and not fit-for-purpose to invest in the latest, state-of-the-art facilities to support students' learning. TAFE NSW is no longer just about a classroom – it's about bringing hands-on training to students and employers anywhere, anytime and anyhow.
As part of this investment, we will be opening Connected Learning Centres, a next generation learning environment for students in regional areas to better access skills for jobs. Take a virtual tour.