Procurement - Current Suppliers
TAFE NSW is committed to paying our suppliers on time through continuous improvement of our accounts payable process. We want your organisation to receive immediate payment at point of sale as often as possible. Our implementation of the SAP Ariba Network in 2020 will further enhance TAFE NSW's ability to efficiently transact with suppliers.
Currently there are two ways of receiving payment by TAFE NSW:
- Corporate Purchasing Card (PCard)
- Correctly Rendered Invoice (CRI)
A PCard may be used for low risk and low value purchases (less than $5,000) and enables immediate payment to the supplier at the point of sale. Where PCards cannot be used, a purchase order (PO) is issued to the supplier which will include a unique 10 digit PO number which must be referenced on the Correctly Rendered Invoice (CRI).
If you are carrying out work for TAFE NSW please ensure that you are being paid by either PCard or have received a PO. Any invoices received that do not contain a PO number will be rejected and payment will be delayed.
It is a legislative requirement that as a Government agency TAFE NSW is required to have authorisation prior to purchasing goods or services. This means TAFE NSW staff are not permitted to open credit accounts with suppliers. If a TAFE NSW representative happens to request a credit account you should:
- Decline their request
- Offer a quote for the goods or services
- Request payment via a PCard or PO
- Submit a CRI as per the guidance on the Working with TAFE NSW webpage.
Submitting an invoice
When submitting a CRI as per the Australian Government Taxation Office, please also ensure you follow the below points to avoid delays in processing:
- A purchase order number MUST be listed on all invoices
- Include the TAFE NSW contact person
- Format of invoice is to be high resolution PDF
- Multiple invoices must be attached to separate emails and submitted individually.
- All invoices must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Unless otherwise agreed, a CRI will be paid within 30 calendar days from the date of invoice. Please refer to the sample compliant invoice to assist you to identify the requirements of a Correctly Rendered Invoice.
In order to make sure that both your Refunds and Credit Notes are processed without delay, we ask the following:
- If you are unable to deliver part of an order, ensure your invoice covers only that part which was delivered
- If a Credit Note is required, you must reference the original invoice number on the Credit Note
- Work with your TAFE NSW contact to facilitate the process
Supplier data maintenance
If your business details change, make sure you let TAFE NSW know so that we can update our records.
For bank detail changes, please email a PDF document with the changes required on a signed company letterhead along with a recent bank statement.
If you have recently changed your Business Name or ABN, please call the TAFE NSW Shared Service Help Desk on 1300 823 367 who will assist in creating a new supplier account for you.
For email and postal address changes, please email us directly with the changes required.
TAFE NSW Procurement Enquiries and Feedback
Send invoices to