Certificate I in Access to Work and Training
National Course Code: 10583NAT
The nationally accredited Certificate I in Access to Work Training introduces you to formal education. You will build your confidence in a supportive environment, gain study skills and set goals for further learning or your future career.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Progress your reading and writing
- Set up your career goals
- Plan projects
- Follow work, health and safety rules
- Use tools and equipment found in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good communication
- Problem solving
- An ability to work in a team
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at Certificate I level
- A strong pathway to continue your studies
- The skills to gain employment
- You will have reading, writing and maths skills to complete work tasks in a range of jobs
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate II in Study Skills
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways
This course is currently available at 15 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- A desire to re-engage with their education
- A purpose to develop employability skills
This course is designed for learners who would like a supported pathway to employment, or would like introductory education and training. It is open to anyone who is keen to improve both social and technical skills.
Assessments give you the chance to demonstrate what you have learned, and to find the areas that need more support. They also provide a chance for you to become comfortable with assessments, preparing you for success in the future.
In this course, the types of assessments you will complete, include:
- Writing short answers to questions (written and spoken)
- Engaging in group discussions
- Completing activities on the compute
- Making a journal or diary
- Completing role play
This beginner course is designed for people looking to start their education and gain confidence before entering the workforce. When you decide to begin your journey, you may enrol in a Certificate I to prepare you for a job in your chosen field. You will build your reading, writing, and technology skills in a supportive learning environment.
To further your education, you may enrol in a Certificate II which is an entry level qualification. This will give you experience in a workplace environment. It covers basic skills that can be applied in your chosen career.
Depending on your campus location and your chosen electives, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions. These include:
- Attending community centers, services and agencies
- Visits from local guest speakers
You will gain hands on experience by:
- Communicating with groups and individuals
- Exploring technology
- Discovering how to read maps, graphs, and charts
- Using office equipment
- Developing goals
- Working with others
- Practicing reading and writing
- Creating new tools and resources to prepare you for workplaces
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will engage in real world activities, including:
- Talking about community issues
- Using technology to show information
- Doing role plays and group activities that you would experience in the workplace
- Real world projects will be related to common workplace areas such as retail, hospitality, animal care, horticulture, and construction
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, studios, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses, including:
- Computers and other digital devices
- Books (audio and visual)
- Strong study support including teachers, counsellors, disability consultants, Indigenous officers
Depending on your location, there may also adaptive technology devices available for learners with special needs.
The demand for workers who have a strong foundation in reading, writing, and technology is high. The Certificate I in Access to Work Training provides you with the skills to meet these demands and gain meaningful employment.
This course supports the National Foundation Skills Strategy for Adults, which aims for the majority of Australians to have sufficient literacy and numeracy skills to help give them great workplace opportunities. This course allows you to:
- Gain confidence
- Feel encouraged towards your goals
- Be supported in delivering your course work
If you have ever felt educationally disadvantaged or isolated this course will help you reach your study and career goals by offering you the opportunity to step into the world of education in a safe, supportive and interest based environment.