Certificate III in Career Advancement
National Course Code: 10585NAT
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Career Advancement is designed to develop your employability skills, to find and keep the job you love. You will learn essential workplace skills, and begin to develop leadership qualities that employers are looking for.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will:
- Understand workplace practices, standards and ethics
- Develop leadership skills
- Learn strategies to complete workplace tasks
- Plan and conduct meetings and interviews
- Improve your workplace communication skills
- Interpret workplace data
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in your career, including:
- Effective workplace communication skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving abilities
- The ability to collaborate with a team
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Through this course, you can go on to:
- An apprenticeship of your choice
- Study at Certificate IV level, and above
- Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation
- A Degree level qualification upon completion of the Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation
Australian employers are seeking people who have a commitment to personal development, and can offer strong academic outlooks in reading, writing, technology and communication. The Certificate III in Career Advancement will help you stand out from the crowd and secure the exciting role you have been aiming for.
This course is currently available at 18 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- Effective communication skills in different situations
- The ability to work well in challenging situations
- An understanding of equity issues
- The desire to develop leadership skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- Aspirations to progress their career
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development.
Your assessments will include:
- Planning and conducting interviews
- Examining and consulting with an Aboriginal community
- Applying negotiating and communication skills
- Using new technology for presentations and meetings
- Demonstration of vocational skills
The Certificate II in Career Preparation, is where youll gain your confidence and employability skills. It may provide real-world exposure, where youll apply communication and workplace skills in simulated environments. Youll practice your skills at a basic level in a supportive environment. You can further compliment your skills by enrolling into a Certificate II in Study Skills.
This qualification, the Certificate III in Career Advancement allows you to continue building your confidence and employability skills. Youll practice your skills at an intermediate level, and learn to work in a variety of diverse settings while displaying leadership qualities.
When you graduate, you may enrol into the Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation which provides a pathway into a Degree level qualification. You may also choose a different pathway into a course that you are passionate about.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Undertaking research projects
- Planning and conducting meetings and interviews
- Developing strategies to address workplace tasks
- Developing leadership skills
- Understanding workplace practices, standards, and ethics
TAFE NSW is known for delivering up-to-date theory along with relevant, in-demand skills to ensure you are job ready.
In this course you will work on real-world projects, in simulated TAFE NSW environments, such as:
- Preparing for consultations
- Participating in interviews and meetings
- Participating in conflict resolution scenarios
- Completing job applications
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Smarthinking - online access to a tutor
This course focuses on advancing employability skills for future work - including problem solving, leadership qualities, conflict resolution, confident communication, critical thinking and career advancement. These employability skills will help you stand out positively in a workplace environment.