Certificate III in English for Further Study
National Course Code: 10592NAT
The nationally recognised Certificate III in English for Further Study will push you one step closer to your goals, as you learn the English skills needed to succeed in a study environment. Be supported as you gain confidence in your English language abilities, in the classroom and at home.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Talk about study and work-related topics
- Understand presentations and podcasts
- Read newspapers, textbooks, and online texts
- Write reports and essays
- Communicate confidently with peers and teachers
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiasm for study
- Confidence in English language abilities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A qualification at Certificate III level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Enrol in further study and take a step towards your dream career
- Widen your employment opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate III in Advanced English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
- Certificate III or IV qualifications in your chosen area of interest
This course is currently available at 20 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- Determination to improve their English language skills for study purposes
- Enthusiasm to learn new things
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development.
Your assessments will include:
- Speaking: face-to-face and telephone conversations, and giving an informal presentation
- Listening: vodcast, presentation, TV segment and an interview, and answering questions about them
- Reading: biography, encyclopedia, information and news report
- Writing: a short biography and essay
The Certificate III in English for Further Study will prepare you to enrol in higher level courses requiring English at ISLPR 2+, IELTS 5 or CEFR B1+.
You can progress to a Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes, if your aim is to study at University. Please speak with our Career Counsellor for tailored advice.
This qualification does not offer excursions. You will gain speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to use in social and formal situations in the classroom, and in your home environment.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Talking about study and work related things
- Understanding presentations and podcasts
- Reading newspapers, textbooks, and online texts
- Writing reports and essays
- Presenting on topics related to further study
You will learn in simulated environments in a TAFE NSW campus or in real world situations like your community.
You will have the opportunity to study in a range of online and on-campus study environments like industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
In general, employees in Australia are required to have intermediate English language skills. You will be one step closer to your dream career with improved English language skills, and your TAFE NSW qualifications.
This course will equip you with valuable English language skills to help you gain entry into your dream career, whether that be through new employment opportunities or further study options.