Certificate III in Mentoring Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People
National Course Code: 10650NAT
The accredited Certificate III in Mentoring Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander People qualification is your first step to making some deadly changes in your community. From Wiradjuri to Barunjdi, use your skills and knowledge to build lasting relationships with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait peoples.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Mentor Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Develop a strong knowledge of Indigenous identities
- Follow Aboriginal cultural protocols
- Access support systems for your mentee
- Work with different organisations and communities
- Facilitate responsible behaviour
- Support and create opportunities for young people
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- Passion for Aboriginal culture
- Keen interest supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity to the cultural diversities of Aboriginal peoples
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- Skills to provide support to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities as a mentor
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your Certificate III in Mentoring Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People and make a real difference by becoming an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander:
- Team leader
It has been established that mentoring is powerful in an Indigenous context, as it aligns to Indigenous teaching and learning styles and can help to build strong collective ties within a community.
This qualification recognises the importance of mentoring as a relationship intervention strategy, and can have powerful and lasting positive effects in improving behavioural, academic and employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training