Certificate I in Fundamental Aboriginal Languages for Personal Use
National Course Code: 10703NAT
Strengthen your voice, identity and culture with the nationally accredited Certificate I in Fundamental Aboriginal Languages for Personal Use. Learn the foundations to reading and writing in your local language and join your community in protecting and promoting traditional languages for generations to come.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course-work, you will learn to:
- Participate in fundamental spoken exchanges and written text in your local language
- Develop learning resources
- Deepen your connection to culture
- Work to protect and promote Aboriginal languages
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and skills you need to get ahead in this field:
- Driven, committed approach to learning
- Your inquisitive nature
- Your love of languages
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will equip you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate I level
- A deeper understanding of culture and community
GROW YOUR CAREER
Go on to further study and improve your employment potential with:
- Certificate II in Basic Aboriginal Languages for Social Use
- Certificate III in Aboriginal Languages for Community Use
Language is an essential part of life, culture and identity and with 90% of Aboriginal languages considered endangered, the time to protect languages is now.
In 2017, the NSW Government created the first legislation in Australia to acknowledge the importance of revitalising First Languages. This is an opportunity for Aboriginal people to reclaim history and belonging; and learn, teach and use their skills to contribute to the health and longevity of these complex and beautiful languages.
This course is currently available at 7 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Part Time Day, Part Time Evening