Course in Preliminary Spoken and Written English
National Course Code: 10725NAT
For English beginners, the nationally accredited Preliminary Spoken and Written English course will help you to communicate in social situations. Practice speaking, listening, reading and writing and gain confidence in using English in everyday situations.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through your practical course work, you will learn:
- The English alphabet
- Vocabulary for food, money and time
- Social conversation tips
- Shopping words
- How to write your personal information
- How to read signs in the community
- How to read and write simple texts
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop other personal qualities while completing this course:
- Gain the confidence to use English in social settings
- Improve your communication skills and open up additional career pathways
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- An insight into Australian culture and life in Australia
- A strong base to continue your English language studies
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course will give you basic English language skills and get you ready to learn more with practice.
Employers in Australia usually require their workers to have English language skills. No matter what industry you choose to work in, improved English language skills will help you grow your career.
If you are interested in the Adult Migrant English Program, phone 1800 114 707 to find out if you are eligible or visit tafensw.edu.au/amep to find an AMEP campus near you.
This course is currently available at 28 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.