Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate I in Spoken and Written English
National Course Code: 10727NAT
This is a beginner course for people who have just started learning English and have had little exposure to the language.
It provides English language learning for EAL learners, mostly targeting newly arrived migrants and refugees who need to develop language skills to participate in a limited range of contexts.
Other groups who benefit from this course include international students and long-term migrants.
The certificate includes elective numeracy modules for those EAL learners who may also need to develop numeracy skills.
This course is intended will provide students with the following general education outcomes:
- Learning skills to enter formal learning environments
- English language proficiency at the equivalence of International Second Language Proficiency Ratings (ISLPR) 1+, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 4 or Common European Framework (CEFR) A2+
- English language proficiency to meet some performance features of Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) 1 indicators.
10727NAT Certificate I in Spoken and Written English is a component of the Certificates in Spoken and Written English (CSWE), English as an additional language (EAL) curriculum framework.
This course is currently available at 44 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Full Time, Part Time Day, Part Time Evening
- Study Online