Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
National Course Code: 10728NAT
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Spoken and Written English helps you communicate with classmates, friends and employers. Practise your reading, writing and speaking skills in the classroom and at home. Gain the confidence to use English in study or at work.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Speak to a variety of people
- Read and understand different texts
- Write emails and text messages
- Use basic reading and writing in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Confidently read, write and speak English
- Gain information from service providers
- Meet new people within your community
- Broaden your employment opportunities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Good English language skills will help you grow your career in the industry of your choice
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate III in English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
This course is currently available at 38 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
This course is designed for learners who have not had an opportunity to practice their English skills, or would like to improve their skills in a supportive environment.
People who are successful in this course have:
- The drive to develop their English language skills
- An interest in working or studying in English
- The desire to develop friendships
- Basic communication skills
Assessments give you the chance to demonstrate what you have learned and find the areas that need development. They also provide a chance for you to become comfortable with assessments, preparing you for success in the future.
In this course, the types of assessments you will complete include:
- Speaking English in role plays and presentations
- Understanding texts that you read
- Writing tasks such as emails and text messages
- Listening to others speak
This course is designed for people who would like to learn to communicate English well with others around them, while gaining confidence in reading and writing skills.
The Certificate II in Spoken Written English is a great beginners course to put you on your way to success. It covers everything you will need to successfully navigate your personal and professional life. It will set you up for the next qualification, the Certificate III.
The Certificate III in Spoken and Written English takes everything you have learned in the Certificate II and develops your reading, writing and speaking skills further. It will teach you tools you can use for vocational training and further study pathways that will help you reach your career goals.
You will gain hands-on skills to use at home and in your community, such as:
- Confidently having conversations with a variety of people
- Keeping a conversation going
- Reading texts such as forms, community notices and menus
- Writing emails and text messages
- Expressing your opinion
- Getting information from your service providers
You will learn in simulated environments on a TAFE NSW campus or in real world situations like your community.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
- Complete this course in a classroom on campus with a teacher
- If you are an eligible AMEP student (studying by distance), you will join your teacher online from home, your local library or your local community center.
Note: If you are not eligible for AMEP distance learning, you must attend class in person.
The demand for capable workers who can confidently communicate through reading, writing and speaking is extremely high.
This course provides you with the opportunity to:
- Communicate with a variety of people
- Create long lasting friendships
- Get important information from services and agencies
- Engage with peers, teachers, and your local community
- Broaden your career prospects