Certificate III in Spoken and Written English
National Course Code: 10729NAT
Develop your English speaking, listening, reading and writing skills with the Certificate III in Spoken and Written English.Practise real-life situations such as writing emails or asking for directions. Gain the skills to help you achieve your dreams of future study or work.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Use formal and informal language skills to help you live and work in Australia
- Write emails, text messages and social media
- Ask for help and information
- Have conversations with people at your workplace and in your community
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Gain more confidence when using English
- Improve your communication skills and open up additional career pathways
- Achieve a sense of ease in social and formal situations
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Gain the skills for future study or work opportunities
- Good English language skills will help you build a career in the industry of your choice.
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your study to the next level with:
- Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
- Certificate III in English for Further Study
- Certificate IV in English for Academic Purposes
This course is currently available at 38 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
You will have:
- An intermediate level of English language
- Some formal or informal exposure to the English language
- A need to improve your English language skills
Assessments are completed with your teacher and you will be tested on:
- Speaking: practical assessment and demonstration
- Listening: recorded audio text and answer questions about the audio
- Reading: read a text and answer questions
- Writing skills: practical assessment
At this Certificate III level, you will study English at an Intermediate level for use in everyday conversations.
To make sure you choose the right study level for you, we will assess your language level. Once you complete Certificate III, you can enrol in a Certificate IV course to gain the skills for your chosen career.
You will gain speaking, listening, reading and writing skills to use in social and formal situations in your community and workplace.
You will gain skills to use in social and formal situations in your community and workplace including:
You will use day-to-day experiences to build your English language skills. You will learn how to write a resume, attend job interview, read and listen to the news, engage in informal and formal conversations and read and write for various work and social situations.
You will complete this course in a classroom on campus with a teacher.
Eligible students under AMEP (who are studying by distance) will join their teacher online from home, their local library or community centre.
Note: If you are not eligible for AMEP distance learning, you must attend class in person.
In general, employees in Australia are required to have Intermediate English language skills. Whatever industry you work in, improved English language skills will help you grow your career.
Improving your English skills will improve your opportunities for success in Australian society. This course will help you to communicate with employers, services, friends and your local community.
It is particularly helpful for parents who have young children, people who would like to go onto further study and people who would like to get a job with more responsibility.
This course will provide you with the language skills you need to make improvements to your personal and professional life.