Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation
National Course Code: 10767NAT
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation will prepare you for Diploma level and university study or entry into the Australian Defence Force. Recognised by educators and employers as an alternative pathway to Year 12, you will develop the technical, social and academic skills needed to perform at the next level of study.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Write non-academic and academic texts
- Plan, research, draft and edit assignments
- Present your ideas
- Manage your time in an academic environment
- Apply learning strategies
- Collaborate with peers and professionals
- Critically analyse and evaluate information
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes needed to get ahead in study:
- An analytical mind
- The ability to source relevant information
- The capacity to multi-task
- Work as a team
- Communicate effectively with teachers and peers
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at a Certificate IV level
- A Tertiary Entrance Score (TES)
- A year 12 equivalent qualification
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
You can continue on your education journey with:
- Admission to university
- Entry to the Australian Defence Force
- Diploma or above qualifications
The Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation supports students to develop high level academic, social and technological skills that have been identified as essential for emerging careers of the future.
This course is currently available at 59 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- The drive to achieve their educational goals
- The desire to develop their writing, research and adult learning skills
- The ability to work independently
- Good problem solving abilities
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments which include essays, reports, tests and exams
- Practical assessments which include portfolios, oral presentations
All assessments are completed through a combination of in-class and outside class study, research and preparation.
The Certificate III in Pathways to Further Study is an entry level qualification. It covers foundation study skills and is a direct pathway into the Certificate IV of Tertiary Preparation.
This course, the Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation, is where youll gain all your underpinning experience to further your education through a Diploma or a University course or the Australian Defence Force (ADF).
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes. These may include:
- Science field trips which will include experiments to complete and observe
- Cultural trips for humanities
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- High level writing skills
- Critical thinking about a variety of situations
- Competent analysis of text
- Collaborating with peers and professionals
- Learning strategies
- Goal setting and time management
- Technology use
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory in conjunction with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Researching and analysis client visions
- Writing essays and reports
- Creating portfolios
- Generating learning and career plans
- Attending field trips
- Analysing data
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
You will have access to computers, the internet, digital devices, library resources, the Library Guide for Tertiary Preparation and technology relevant to your subject areas.
There is demand for workers who offer advanced foundation skills in reading, writing, social etiquette and technology. The Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation provides you with the skills to meet these demands and obtain employment in your chosen field.
The Australian training and employment climate is changing rapidly and organisations are highlighting a need for people to engage in consistent learning to maintain relevant skills and credentials.
This course supports students to develop high level academic, social and technological skills that have been identified as essential for emerging careers of the future.
There are increasing numbers of students accessing tertiary studies outside of traditional pathways. Our course will provide you with a supported pathway to your career goals.