Course Info - TAFE NSW
Digital Photography Essentials
Course Code: 160-17150V01
This course teaches the fundamental and essential skills required to control a digital camera and how to produce beautiful photographs. This course includes:
• Computer skills with a focus on the needs with digital photography
• Digital camera controls and functions.
• Camera menu options and settings.
• How to use Shutter speed, Aperture and ISO for predictable and creative results and how to avoid fuzzy pictures.
• How to read a Histogram and achieve perfect exposure every time.
• Why and when to choose Manual, Automatic and Semi-Automatic shooting modes such as Aperture, Shutter or Program.
• Focal Length, Depth of Field, Perspective, Composition.
• How to download to storage device, organise, sort, archive and retrieve digital image files with a computer.
• How to manipulate, finesse and enhance digital photo files with computer software to bring out their best and make them shine.
• Learn from an internationally acclaimed professional photographer willing to share his box of tricks of 35 years’ experience
• Includes two 4hr weekend fieldtrips (dates confirmed upon enrolment)
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Short Course
- Part Time Evening