TAFE Statement in Marine Engineers Automation, Electronics and Electrical (AEE)
Course Code: 800-000476
The AEE course is based on MIDC requirements. This is a concentrated and specialised course, with a high level of emphasis on safety and the practical aspects of fault finding in marine electrical, electronics and automatic control systems. The marine laboratories include the following equipment:
- Three alternator power generation systems (two main, one emergency),
- A modern marine switchboard with manual and automatic synchronising,
- Automatic starting for generators Automatic load sharing,
- Electronic governing Engine monitoring system,
- Engine and machinery control loops,
- Typical motor starter panels,
- Self-discharging control system,
- PLC control systems,
- Sequential restart after blackout,
- Fire alarm panel,
- Marine navigation lighting panel featuring intrinsically safe fittings, and
- Kongsberg simulator with big view.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.