TAFE Plus Statement in Work Near Overhead Power Lines
Course Code: 900-26306
This course will provide participants with the knowledge needed to protect the
health and safety of people from the risks arising when they are working near
overhead power lines and associated electrical apparatus. It provides
practical advice on implementing the requirements of the Occupational Health
and Safety Act 2000 and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation 2001.
In particular, the course covers the following topics:
- work near low voltage overhead service lines
- cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- low voltage release and rescue
- operating cranes and mobile plant near overhead power lines
- tree and vegetation management near overhead power lines
- work involving scaffolding near overhead power lines
- agriculture work near overhead power lines.
Training may include the following modules if required by participants:
- EWP emergency lowering and CDD Controlled Descent.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Short Course