Statement of Attainment in Chainsaw Operations - Basic Tree Felling
Course Code: 900-5292V01
The Statement of Attainment in Chainsaw Operations - Basic Tree Felling teaches you to safely fell, trim and cross cut basic trees with a chainsaw. Take your skills to into industries such as arbory, fieldwork, and emergency services.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Fell basic trees
- Trim and cross cut felled trees or logs
- Apply appropriate cuts to logs for a pre-determined outcome
- Maintain chainsaws and chains in good working condition
- Prioritise safety
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Time management
- Flexibility and openness to work in changing outdoor environments
- A commitment to safety
- Effective communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- A strong pathway towards further study in agriculture
- Credit toward a full qualification
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Statement of Attainment in Chainsaw Operations - Intermediate Free Felling
- Statement of Attainment in Chainsaw Operations - Advanced Tree Felling
Graduates who complete a full qualification in agriculture go on to roles including:
- Vegetation control worker (powerlines)
- Local government field worker
- Roads and national parks field worker
- Conservation and land management field worker
The skills required to conduct safe chainsaw operations have become very important due to the increased focus on public land safety, as dead or burnt trees become more common across the state.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Self motivated
- Take WHS seriously
You will be able to demonstrate your knowledge and skills through:
- Practical assessments in simulated and real-life workplace settings
- Written assessments such as quizzes and short answer questions
This is the entry level Statement of Attainment for chainsaw operations associated with Basic tree felling.
You will gain hands-on skills in chainsaw maintenance, felling basic trees, ripping and cross cutting felled trees and logs using a chainsaw, and be able to identify unsafe situations.
Besides turning a felled tree into a trimmed log and cross cut rounds, youll possibly work on a project to demonstrate your skill in chainsaw handling, such as the cutting of a rough-sculpted chair from a length of log.
You will practice your hands-on skills in a simulated workplace or real site that is approved by your teacher.
The location must meet TAFE NSW requirements to ensure you are able to complete all tasks and are job ready.
The skill required to conduct safe chainsaw operations has become very important due to the increased focus on public land safety, and dead or burnt trees becoming more common.
There is increasing attention on public land safety, including the management of trees, dead or alive.
This course is superseded