Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
Course Code: 901-00034
The Statement of Attainment in Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting is a common employment requirement in the industry and gives you an essential skillset so the children in your care have the best chance at staying safe. Learn emergency response techniques including CPR.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Identify signs and symptoms of acute illness in children and infants
- Activate emergency action plans for known medical conditions including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Manage 25 different illnesses and injuries from dehydration, vomiting and diarrhoea to poisoning, fracture, choking and burns
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Respond to emergency situations
- Use first aid equipment
- Maintain privacy, consent and confidentiality protocols
- Follow codes of practice and workplace procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Emotional intelligence
- An interest in helping others
- Problem solving skills
- Self-management skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
- The ability to treat a diverse range of first aid recipients
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally accredited Statement of Attainment
- Specialist skills that could help you save a life
GROW YOUR CAREER
Ready to commit to a higher qualification in this field?
- Gain more complex skills with the Statement of Attainment in Provide Advanced First Aid
Considering another study pathway? Discover the full range of TAFE NSW courses on offer.
Graduates of this Statement of Attainment will go on to be a:
- First aid certified worker
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.