Certificate II in Animal Studies
National Course Code: ACM20117
Take the nationally accredited Certificate II in Animal Studies and start your career as a pet groomer or animal attendant in animal shelter or veterinary clinic. Turn your passion for animals into a career as you gain practical skills and build industry relationships.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
Provide care to a range of animals
Monitor and maintain animal health
Practice hygiene and infection control
Respond to expectations of pet owners
Understand what is required in running a small companion animal business
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities that will help you get ahead:
- Calm and empathetic nature
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Good communication skills
- A reasonable level of fitness to safely handle animals and manual lifting
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong foundation to continue your studies
- Pet groomer
- Animal attendant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further:
- Certificate III Animal Studies
- Certificate III Companion Animal Services
- Certificate III Pet Grooming
- Certificate III Captive Animals
- Certificate IV Veterinary Nursing
- Certificate IV Companion Animal Services
Demand for animal care workers is booming with growth driven by consumer expectations on how their furry companion should be cared for. These greater expectations is leading to employers to need workers who are qualified and experienced. The animal care field is broad and highly competitive. The course equips you with diverse range of skills to put you ahead of the pack in a skills shortage climate. It is also the official pre-requisite for the Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing.
This course is currently available at 29 campus locations across NSW and online. Enquire now for other locations.