Certificate II in Animal Studies
National Course Code: ACM20117
Do you have a love for animals, an ability to work in a team and an interest in animal welfare? The Certificate II in Animal Studies is the course for you if you are looking to build a career in animal care or working with animals.
This general qualification is designed to get you ready to work under supervision in animal shelters, kennels, catteries, sanctuaries and veterinary clinics.
Your teachers will be experienced dog trainers, veterinary nurses and other animal care workers.
You will learn how to:
- Complete animal care hygiene routines
- Feed and hydrate animals
- Assist in healthcare of animals
- Provide basic first aid for animals
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Participate in workplace health and safety processes
- Participate in workplace communication
This course will teach you how to care for a variety of species which may include dogs, cats, birds, cats, birds, amphibians, native mammals, fish and rabbits.
Graduates often find work in these sorts of roles:
- Pet shop assistant
- Pound and shelter worker
- Doggy day care worker
- Pet sitter
- Animal attendant
- RSPCA kennel assistant
- Boarding kennel assistant
- Trainee dog groomer
When you graduate from this animal studies course you can go on to expand your career working with animals with further study in many TAFE NSW courses, from pet grooming to veterinary nursing.
This course is offered at 19 locations across NSW and Online
New courses and locations are being added every day. Enquire now.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Blended, Full Time, Part Time Day, Part Time Evening
- Study Online