Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate III in Horse Breeding
National Course Code: ACM30717
If you enjoy working with horses and are looking for a career in the horse breeding industry, then the Certificate III in Horse Breeding will steer you in the right direction.
This nationally recognised course may be studied part-time or full-time to suit your lifestyle. Our equine-industry expert teachers will ensure you have the most current knowledge and skills to make sure you are job ready when you graduate.
Some of the skills you may learn include:
- How to identify and understand horse behaviour
- How to apply safe handling skills when working in the breeding industry
- How to identify and understand the reproductive cycle of horses
- How to care for and maintain the health of horses from birth to adult
- How to handle and raise young horses
- How to provide first aid treatment to horses
- How to prepare horses for sales
The sector involves the care of mares, mating, foaling, raising young horses and preparing them for sales. The horse breeding industry is spread throughout Australia and makes a huge contribution to the regional economy. It requires competent and skilled workers, including:
- Horse handlers
- Breeding attendants
- Sales personnel
The annual breeding cycle of the industry means workers may have the opportunity to expand their skills through opportunities in the northern hemisphere during the Australian off-season.
Coming soon. Register your interest to be notified when more enrolments open.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed