Course Info - TAFE NSW
Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing
National Course Code: ACM40412
This course is superseded
Turn your compassion for animals into a rewarding career as a veterinary nurse.
The Certificate IV in Veterinary Nursing will help you to develop the skills needed to perform veterinary nursing duties, and assist veterinarians to care for animals in the workplace.
Veterinarians and vet nurses who currently work in the veterinary industry will be your TAFE NSW teachers. You will learn skills and knowledge for:
- Admission and discharge of animal patients
- Veterinary office procedures
- Surgical nursing
- Dental procedures
- Animal nursing
- Providing animal care advice to the public
Graduates of this course go on to have careers in:
- Small animal veterinary hospitals
- Equine veterinary hospitals
- Wildlife hospitals
- Veterinary specialist centres
- Animal welfare organisations
This course has a mandatory workplace component. You must have access to a veterinary clinic in either a paid or voluntary capacity.
Prior to enrolment, you will need to confirm with the teaching team the total number of hours required and check if you are responsible for arranging your work placement.
This course is currently available at 10 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
- Blended, Full Time, Part Time Day, Part Time Evening