Certificate II in Wool Handling
National Course Code: AHC21416
Study the nationally accredited Certificate II in Wool Handling and make your mark in the Australian wool industry. Start your career as a roustabout or shearing shed hand with this entry level qualification.
You will learn to pen sheep, handle wool and press wool into bales and find work in a shearing shed, or as part of a wool classing program.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn:
- To apply animal welfare principles to handling and husbandry of livestock
- Sheep handling
- Wool handling
- How to assist in shearing and crutching
- To work effectively in a team
- How to apply the principles of work, health and safety
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this industry:
- Have a good level of physical fitness
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment
- Collaboration and communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- Strong foundation to continue your studies and grow your career
- Wool handler
- Sheering shed hand
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with:
- Certificate III in Advanced Wool Handling
- Certificate III in Wool Clip Preparation
- Certificate IV in Wool Classing
Australia is the number one producer of premium quality fine wool in the world. Wool production plays a crucial part in our economy, and has done for the past 200 years. The industry is experiencing its highest prices for many years. As more people become environmentally aware and sustainability becomes a priority, the benefits of wool as a natural, durable, beautiful and sustainable fibre mean that demand continues to increase.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed