Diploma of Agriculture
National Course Code: AHC50116
The nationally recognised Diploma of Agriculture prepares you for senior strategic and supervisory roles in the agriculture industry. Whether you are already managing farms or stations, are a sole operator of an agribusiness or looking to take the next step in your agriculture career, this course will help you get ahead in this growing industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will develop skills in:
- Intensive and extensive cropping
- Livestock production
- Organic production
- Fibre production
- Soil management
- Climate risk management
- Agricultural marketing
- Data recording and analysis
- Management and finance
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Great problem solving and communication
- Master how to navigate competing priorities
- Work effectively as part of a team and autonomously
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally accredited qualification at diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Farm production manager
- Production unit manager
- Station/property manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Advance your career with this agriculture study pathway:
- Advanced Diploma of Agriculture
- Advanced Diploma of Agribusiness Management
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employs approximately 326,200 persons (ABS trend data). Over the past five years, employment in the industry has increased by 1.5 per cent.
The Agriculture industry requires skilled people to contribute to developing more efficient methods of food and fibre production, as the demand to produce more with less land and water resources increases.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.