Certificate II in Aviation (Ground Operations and Service)
National Course Code: AVI20216
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Aviation (Ground Operations and Service) will help your career in airline ground operations take off. Gain the technical skills to contribute to highly efficient airport operations, and work in a team behind the scenes or in customer facing roles.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn the foundational skills of aviation ground operations and services including how to:
- Apply aircraft safety, emergency and evacuation procedures
- Meet on-time performance standards
- Operate communications systems
- Use aviation specific technology and devices
- Apply procedures for customer service, check-in facilities, bag weight and loading procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career, including:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to provide great customer service
- Adaptability - this role involves varied work hours, working indoors and outdoors and with a range of customers, co-workers and workplace procedures
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain:
- A nationally recognised Certificate II qualification
- Job readiness to gain employment in the aviation industry
- Aircraft baggage handler
- Airline ground crew
- Customer service operations
- Flight dispatch operations
- Ground operations
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course offers direct credits for the Certificate III in Aviation (Ground Operations and Service) to reduce your study workload while maximising your aviation skills and knowledge.
The rapid and ongoing expansion in global passenger travel means you are joining a growing industry with this course. The International Air Transport Association (IATA) states that over the next 20 years, passenger numbers are anticipated to double from the levels we see today.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to work in a customer facing role
- Flexibility - this role can involve varying work hours, indoor and outdoor working environments and a broad range of customers and workplace procedures
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Knowledge assessments: short answer and multiple choice
- Skills assessments: practical demonstrations
This is an introductory course and a pathway into the exciting world of air travel. You will gain foundational skills and knowledge through this course that sets you up for success in the Certificate III.
The Certificate III level course is where you will practice your ground operation skills at a higher level and become qualified for employment in any area of an airport.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the aviation industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in carrying out:
- Bag weight, check-in and loading procedures
- Emergency and evacuation procedures
- Safety procedures
- Different types of communications
- Customer service check-in facilities and procedures
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on very simple real-world scenarios in a simulated environment, such as:
- Activities involving passengers flying in an aircraft cabin
- Check-in desk procedures
- Baggage management
- Basic driving skills in a simulated aircraft movement area
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on-campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
You will have access to a simulated aircraft cabin, airport security screening and the check-in and departure lounges. Resources for each facility environment are provided to aid realistic learning and are also used to facilitate practical activities and assessments.
The rapid and ongoing expansion in global passenger travel means you are joining a growing industry with this course.
The International Air Transport Association (IATA) states that over the next 20 years, passenger numbers are anticipated to double from the levels we see today.
This course qualifies you for today's industry and prepares you for the industry of tomorrow. All course content relates to current industry practices but is also flexibly designed to accommodate continuous change in this dynamic industry.
This course is superseded