Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot - Visual Line of Sight)
National Course Code: AVI30316
The Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot Visual Line of Sight) will propel your career to new heights as a commercially licensed drone operator. Make your mark in an emerging field, disrupt the status quo with your innovative ideas and learn skills that apply across virtually any industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn:
- How to launch, control, and land or recover a remote aircraft
- Techniques to apply your skills e.g. building inspections, the agriculture industry, solar assessments, rescue missions
- How to operate aeronautical communications
- Take still photography and videography during flight
- To use programs to generate 2D and 3D live mapping and produce volumetric calculations
- The legislated regulations and gain a broad understanding of the aviation industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop your natural talent and get ahead in this career:
- Creativity to find innovative solutions to problems
- Multi tasking ability
- Fine motor skills, dexterity and hand eye coordination
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Complete this course and gain:
- CASA certification and Remote Pilot Licence (RePL)
- Aircraft Radio Operator Certificate (AROC) - required to communicate with other airspace users
- Remote aircraft pilot
- Commercial drone operator
GROW YOUR CAREER
This course licenses you to fly remote aircrafts within certain parameters. Continue to build your skill set and expand your horizons with additional endorsements.
Emerging services like drone deliveries and drone taxis are already being trialed in Australia. This technology is set to become central to business operations and demand for remote aircraft pilots will skyrocket.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.
People who are successful in this industry are:
- Creative and able to find innovative solutions to problems
- Safety focused
- Able to multi task
- Dexterous and have advanced fine motor skills and strong hand eye coordination
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
Knowledge assessments: short answer
Skills assessments: practical demonstrations under observation
- CASA theory exam
- CASA practical flight test
- 14 assessments - 1 assessment for each unit of competency
Complete this course to gain your Remote Pilots Licence (RePL) through CASA. You will then be qualified to commercially operate a drone weighing up to 7kg.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Operating, and performing a series of technical maneuvers using the Phantom 4 Pro drone
- Using programs to generate 2D and 3D maps
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical learning experiences. Depending on your progress through the course, you may have the opportunity to work on real world projects, including:
- Using programs to generate 2D and 3D live mapping and produce volumetric calculations
- Taking still photography
- Basic filming and videography
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
You will complete the theory component of your course on campus through the Google Classroom platform.
Practical demonstrations and learning is delivered on the TAFE NSW campus oval or at selected sites that adhere to CASA guidelines.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
This will be answered by the Strategic Research and Analysis team. If you wish to add your content, please type in this field.
Be qualified as a remote aircraft pilot and work in a number of industries:
- Construction sites
- Insurance - asset inspection
- Environmental mapping
- Mines and quarries
- Film and TV
- Residential and commercial real estate
- Large scale commercial events
- Emergency services
This course provides you with an opportunity to master the skills needed to enter a market primed to disrupt every industry.
Here in Australia, emerging services like drone deliveries and drone taxis are already being trialed. Different industries are rapidly integrating drone technology into their operations and services with the aim of creating efficiencies, providing better customer service, and establishing procedures that ensure workers' safety on the job. Drones are set to become integral to business operations and with that, demand for remote aircraft pilots will increase exponentially.