Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
National Course Code: AVI50415
Do you want to become a commercial or military aeroplane or helicopter pilot? Our Diploma in Aviation (Instrument Rating) is your ticket to success.
Students will learn how to:
- Implement threat and error management strategies
- Manage safe flight operations
- Plan a flight under instrument flight rules
- Navigate aircraft under instrument flight rules
- Operate and manage aircraft systems
- Operate aircraft using aircraft flight instruments
- Conduct a 2d instrument approach
- Perform instrument arrival and standard arrival route procedures
- Operate aircraft in the traffic pattern at night
- Perform non published and published instrument departure procedures
- Perform visual circling approach
This nationally recognised qualification will give you the skills to apply technical and non-technical aviation skills to a wide range of air transport operations, including passenger, charter and cargo operations while operating aeroplanes or helicopters under instrument flight rules (IFR).
Please note: This qualification forms some of the requirements for an Instrument Rating certification by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as directed by Civil Aviation Safety Regulation (CASR) Part 61 Flight crew licensing. People seeking certification should check these requirements with CASA. Use for Defence Aviation is to be in accordance with relevant Defence Orders, Instructions, Publications and Regulations.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed
This course is superseded