Certificate III in Business Administration
National Course Code: BSB30415
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration gives you the professional office administration skills to help keep teams organised and business operations running smoothly. Graduate with the confidence to work in various office environments and industries.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Perform a broad range of administrative skills
- Touch type
- Use business enterprise software such as Microsoft Office
- Create and use spreadsheets, prepare presentations and other business documents
- Write business documents
- Organise paper-based and electronic schedules
- Offer outstanding customer service
- Observe health and safety in the workplace
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- A keen eye for detail
- The ability to work as a part of team
- Confidence to communicate with peers, management and senior leadership
- The know-how to relate to customers in a professional manner
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Accounts payable clerk
- Accounts receivable clerk
- Administrative assistant
- Data entry operator
- Junior personal assistant
- Office administrator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV in Business Administration
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Certificate IV in Business
- Diploma of Business
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 87 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- An interest in working in an administrative support role in an office environment
- Attention to detail and computer skills
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- All assessments in this course are open book (no exams)
- Each unit has a written knowledge based assessment and one or two practical application assessments
- Practical application assessments are often based in the online Virtual Enterprise that gives you an experience similar to working in the industry
The Certificate II in Business is a better fit for you if you need to strengthen your communication or computer skills.
The Certificate III level course is right for you, if you:
- Have completed the Certificate II in Business and want to further your training
- Possess basic communication skills and computing skills through life experience
- Are not yet working and need a qualification to prepare you for the workforce
- Have recently got a job and need some training to support your efforts at work
Certificate IV level students generally have a job or have worked in an office environment before. These students work more independently and have greater work responsibilities. The Certificate IV is right for you if youre working in a supervised administrative role and would like to develop your skills to take on more responsibility.
Behind the scenes excursions and day trips may be included in the course by some campuses however, not all locations are able to offer this experience.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Typing and other keyboard skills
- Using different software packages - generally Microsoft Office suite
- Writing business documents
During the course, you will work in simulated office environments or in the online Virtual Enterprise where you will perform tasks that are based on real world activities including: preparing text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and desktop published documents.
You will also demonstrate great customer service and maintenance of office resources.
Tasks required in the workplace form the basis of your assessments in this course. For example, an assessment may include a scenario where you will be asked to develop documentation based on a request from your 'supervisor' within the Virtual Enterprise.
TAFE NSW offers you a variety of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
Most locations provide a simulated office environment set-up.
There is high demand for administrative assistants with professional skills in technology, document production and customer service in nearly every industry.
The projected employment growth in Australia for administrative and support services until May 2023, is 6.6% (Australian Government, Department of Jobs and Small Business).
This course will train you up with skills you can use in all job roles, including:
- Communication and collaboration
- Customer service
- Working with others and confidently navigating an office environment
The skills and experience you gain through this course provide a solid foundation to launch your career. Your skills will grow with you through further study and work/life experiences.