Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical)
National Course Code: BSB31115
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Business Administration (Medical) equips you with the skills to specialise your career as a medical receptionist, clinic administrator, nursing administrator, or medical records officer in practices, private surgeries and hospitals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Work and support a team in a medical environment
- Use Pracsoft, a medical software program
- Manage competing priorities
- Create spreadsheets and manage documents
- Touch type with advanced keyboard skills
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Build your confidence in engaging with colleagues and patients
- Switch on your drive and self-motivation
- Work collaboratively and independently
- Develop your written and verbal communication style
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Skills that can be used in a variety of industries
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Medical receptionist
- Clinic administrator
- Nursing administrator
- Medical records officer
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business Administration
- Certificate IV and Diploma in Business
- Diploma of Practice Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- An desire to provide administrative support in a medical environment
- Attention to detail and computer skills
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- A customer service focus
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you've learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- All assessments in this course are open book (no exams)
- Each unit has a written knowledge based and practical application assessments which are often based in the online Virtual Enterprise that gives you an experience similar to working in a medical business
The Certificate II in Business is a better fit for you if you need to strengthen your communication or computer skills.
The Certificate III in Business is great if you wish build your skills in desktop publishing software and spreadsheets while developing your customer service skills and applying these to work situations.
The Certificate IV level course builds on your skills from the Certificate III in Business by learning to take on more responsibility in your job, make more independent decisions and demonstrate autonomy working in a business services environment.
The Diploma in Business will allow you to develop leadership skills. You will learn to apply your teamwork skills in a more senior business administration role. You could also go on to study business administration or leadership and management at higher levels.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the medical clinic or practice industry.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Touch typing and other keyboard skills
- Using one of the most common medical software programs called Pracsoft by MedicalDirector
- Working with other people in a business environment
- Using real workplace documents and scenarios
- Medical administration skills
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, studios, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses.
You will also learn in a virtual enterprise environment simulated environments to provide you with authentic workplace experiences.
This course will train you with skills you can use across a range of areas including:
- Communication and collaboration
- Customer service
The skills and experience you gain through this course provide a solid foundation to launch your career. Your skills will grow with you through further study, work and life experience.
This course is superseded