Certificate IV in Business Administration
National Course Code: BSB40515
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Business Administration will teach you valuable skills you can take into roles like Executive Assistant and Administration Officer. Work in a number of exciting industries including technology, finance, advertising, travel and education.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn how to:
- Use different software packages - including Microsoft Office suite
- Write complex business documents
- Arrange meetings and business travel
- Oversee projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the qualities you need to get ahead:
- Organisational ability
- Problem solving skills
- Collaborative working style
- Keen eye for detail
- Confident communication and strong interpersonal skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate IV qualification
- A strong foundation to continue your business administration study
- Executive Assistant
- Personal Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Administration Officer (Local Government)
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your education and career further:
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business
- Bachelor in Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry are:
- Proactive and organised
- Problem solvers
- Collaborative and able to work with a wide range of people
- Thorough and have a keen eye for detail
- Clear communicators with strong interpersonal skills
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Case studies and projects
- Assessments involving oral communication and interaction in a simulated workplace
Each unit has a written knowledge based assessment and one or two practical application assessments. The practical assessments are often based in the online Virtual Enterprise platform to give you a simulated working experience.
The Certificate II in Business is an introductory course that will give you the basic skills you need to work in an office environment. At this level you will begin to develop the skills and knowledge to work in an office and you are not expected to have any previous experience in an office environment.
The Certificate III in Business is a better fit for you if you need to strengthen your communication or computer skills. You will learn a broad range of skills that can be applied to different industries and teams.
This course, the Certificate IV level course is right for you, if you:
- Have completed the Certificate III in Business and want to further your training
- Have good communication skills and computing skills through life experience
- Are currently working in the Business Administration industry and need a qualification to support you in working in a supervisory role
- Have recently got a job and need some training to support your efforts at work
At Certificate IV level you would generally have a job or have worked in an office environment before. You tend to work more independently and have greater responsibilities. If you are currently working in a supervised administration role, would like to take on more responsibility or move into a supervisory role, we highly recommend the Certificate IV.
Depending on your campus location, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions that take you behind the scenes in the business administration industry.
Youll gain hands-on experience in:
- Typing and other keyboard skills
- Using the Microsoft Office suite and other software packages
- Writing complex business documents
- Organising meetings
- Overseeing projects
- Organising business travel including preparing complex text documents and spreadsheets, organising meetings, making presentations, organising travel and itineraries, administering projects
You will work in simulated office environments or in the online Virtual Enterprise space, where youll perform tasks that are based on real world activities.
Tasks that you would perform in the workplace form the basis of your assessments in this course. For example, an assessment may include a scenario where you will be asked to develop documentation based on a request from your supervisor within the Virtual Enterprise. Youll also demonstrate great customer service and coordination of office resources.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
This course will train you up with skills you can use in jobs, like:
- Communication and collaboration
- Customer service
- Supervising others and confidently navigating an office environment
The skills and experience you gain through this course provide a solid foundation to launch your career. Your skills will grow with you through further study and work/life experiences.
This course is superseded