Certificate IV in Project Management Practice
National Course Code: BSB41515
The nationally recognised Certificate IV in Project Management Practice will help you grow your project management career. Learn how to execute a project from start to finish and graduate with skills that will prepare you to become a project administrator or coordinator in any industry.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Identify and apply project management principles and techniques
- Scope, design, implement, coordinate and finalise projects
- Identify and assist with human resources management
- Assist with risk management
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Working autonomously
- Self-motivation and drive
- Prioritising work
- Strong communication skills
- Time management and meeting deadlines
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate IV level
- The ability to put these skills into practice in the workplace while you study
- Project administrator
- Contracts officer
- Quality officer
- Project analyst
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Diploma of Project Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW degrees
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Building)
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
We could not find any courses for the filters you have applied, please , or click here and our friendly team will let you know about other options.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- The drive to step up to a project coordination role
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication skills and able to relate to a wide range of people
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Task assessments: performing certain tasks
- Task management assessments: managing a number of tasks
- Contingency management assessments: dealing with irregularities e.g. unexpected problems and breakdowns in routine
- Job and role environment assessments: fulfilling job and workplace responsibilities and expectations and transferring competencies to various industries
The Certificate IV is designed to provide you with the skills you need to begin assisting with project management.
The Diploma level course is for those that have existing project management experience. It deepens your knowledge gained and equips you with the skills to succeed in complex project management roles.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Managing projects across a range of enterprises and various industries
- Planning, organising, implementing and monitoring your own workload and the workload of others as well as evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems.
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Identifying and applying project management skills within a project in the industry area of your expertise
TAFE NSW offers you a range of study environments to enhance your learning and employability, such as:
- Blended delivery of face-to-face and online learning
- TAFE NSW campus classrooms, simulated classrooms, and an online delivery platform
- You may also choose your own workplace to use in the case study
There is an increasing demand for project management roles in growth industries such as construction.
Transferable skills are in demand across a variety of industries. Almost every job in every industry involves an element of project management. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Project Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
The project coordinators of the future need to have specific training in initiating, scheduling and assisting teams to achieve goals within a project. This course will provide you with the leadership skills to assist with a project from start to finish in a range of different industries.