Certificate IV in Library and Information Services
National Course Code: BSB42115
The Certificate IV in Library and Information services could be for you if you love being surrounded by books, arts and artefacts, or have a passion for art galleries or museums.
Our experienced TAFE NSW teachers will provide you with in-depth knowledge on how to:
- Organise and maintain library collections
- Search library databases
- Use advanced cataloguing tools
- Use and support multi-media equipment
Face-to-face customer service skills will be also be developed as well as the ability to use social media to communicate with customers and colleagues.
Depending on your career goals, you can choose electives covering:
- Library and information services
- Museum and gallery services
- Information technology
- Collection management or administration
The Certificate IV in Library and Information Services can lead to careers as a:
- Collections Management Assistant
- Curatorial and Library Assistant
- Museum Installation Assistant
- Museum Visitor Services Team Leader
- Small Museum or Gallery Coordinator
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 1 campus location across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.