Diploma of Business Administration
National Course Code: BSB50415
The nationally accredited Diploma of Business Administration equips you with the leadership skills to take your career to the next level as an office or administration manager. Learn to create an atmosphere of collaboration, innovation, and organisation and lead your team to success.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Manage people performance
- Lead and manage a team
- Promote innovation in teams
- Undertake project work
- Plan and implement administrative systems
- Contribute to safety processes in an office environment (WHS)
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes to help you get ahead:
- Strong communication skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Administration manager
- Legal practice manager
- Office manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a degree qualification:
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degree
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 8 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- An interest in working in an administrative role in an office environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development.
In this course you will undertake open book assessments for each unit:
- Knowledge assessments: short and long answer questions
- Practical application assessments: based in the online Virtual Enterprise that provides an authentic experience of working in the industry
The Certificate III in Business Administration is an entry-level course strengthens your communication and computer skills and equips you with a range of skills to work in the industry in an office assistant role.
At Certificate IV level, you are currently working or have worked in in an office environment before. You work more independently and have greater work responsibilities. The Certificate IV is right for you if you are working in a supervised administrative role and would like to develop your skills to take on more responsibility.
This course, the Diploma in Business Administration is right for you if you have significant experience working in an office and want to develop the skills to take on work with complexity and step up to lead a team. This course is the perfect qualification to help you move into a supervisory role in the workforce.
Depending on your campus location and local partnerships with TAFE NSW, you may have the opportunity to participate in excursions and day trips that take you behind the scenes in the business administration industry.
Youll gain hands-on experience in:
- Working with organisational policies and procedures
- Producing complex business documents and report writing
- Organising meetings
- Overseeing projects
- Lead and managing team effectiveness
- Delegating tasks and managing team priorities
- Managing customer service provided by your team
During the course youll work in simulated office environments or in the online Virtual Enterprise where you will perform tasks that are based on real world activities, including:
- Preparing complex text documents and spreadsheets
- Organising meetings
- Making presentations
- Organising travel and itineraries
- Administering projects.
Tasks that you would perform in the workplace form the basis of your assessments in this course.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on-campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
Depending on your campus location, you may study in a simulated office environment set-up.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
The Business Services sector offers a wide range of employment opportunities, currently employing over 1.6 million people across a wide range of industries, representing around 13% of Australian jobs, with employment in the sector forecast to grow almost 3% through to 2024.
Office manager roles are identified as one of the high-paying administrative jobs to be pursued in 2020.
Administrative professionals in greatest demand are those with technical abilities, and they have opportunities to move up to high-paying administrative roles, while there is demand by SMEs for office managers with strong executive assistant skills who can take on basic accounts duties.
This course equips you with transferable skills you can use across any job role, including: technology, communication and collaboration, customer service, supervising others and confidently navigating an office environment.
The skills and experience you gain through this course provide a solid foundation to progress your career. Your skills will grow with you through further study and work and life experiences.