Diploma of Project Management
National Course Code: BSB51415
The nationally accredited Diploma of Project Management will give you the leadership skills to step up as project leader or manager. Through this course, you will deepen your knowledge and gain in-demand transferable skills to succeed in a range of project management roles in a broad range of industries.
This is a fully government subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Scope, integrate, manage governance and risk
- Manage time, quality, cost and procurement
- Manage human resources, information and communication, stakeholder engagement
- Develop an innovative work environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the skills that will help you get ahead in this career, including:
- Learn to work autonomously
- Developing self-motivation and how to prioritise work
- Excellent communication skills
- How to manage deadline and competing priorities
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
This course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised diploma that allows you to work anywhere in Australia
- The skills to step up into a management or leadership role
- Project or team leader
- Project contract manager
- Project manager (industry specific)
- Project vendor manager
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further and work more independently or with a supervisory role with an advanced diploma or challenge yourself with a degree:
- Advanced Diploma of Program Management
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE Degrees
There is an increasing demand for project management roles in growth industries such as construction. Transferable skills are in demand across a variety of industries. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Project Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 32 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- The ability to work autonomously
- Self motivation and able to prioritise work
- Great communication skills
- Time management skills
- Critical thinking
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned so far and identify what knowledge or skills need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Task skills: performing the task
- Task management skills: managing a number of tasks
- Contingency management skills: dealing with irregularities e.g. Unexpected problems and breakdowns in routine
- Job and role environment skills: fulfilling job and workplace responsibilities and expectations and transferring competencies to various industries
This Diploma is best suited if you are already working in the project management field. The goal is to help you learn the skills needed to be successful managers and secure a more senior project management role.
To be successful in the Diploma level course, you should complete the Certificate IV or have existing project management experience. The Diploma deepens your knowledge gained and equips you with the skills to succeed in a variety of project management roles across a broad range of industries.
You will gain hands-on experience:
- In project management cross a range of enterprise and industry contexts
- Planning, organising, implementing and monitoring your own workload and the workload of others as well as evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems.
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory alongside practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects in initiating, scheduling, and directing teams to achieve specific goals within a project in the industry area of your expertise.
This course offers a blended delivery of face-to-face and online learning. You will study in TAFE NSW campus classrooms, simulated classrooms and online delivery platform.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
Transferable skills are in demand across every industries and almost every job in every industry involves an element of project management. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Project Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
There is also an increasing demand for project management roles in growth industries such as construction.
Project managers of the future need to have specific training in initiating, scheduling and directing teams to achieve goals within a project. This course will provide you with the leadership skills to guide a project from start to finish in a range of different industries.