Diploma of Leadership and Management
National Course Code: BSB51918
The nationally accredited Diploma of Leadership and Management gives you the skills and opportunity to step up in any industry. Inspire and motivate the workforce of the future. Learn the skills needed to guide teams through major change and innovatively overcome obstacles to meet strategic goals.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical coursework, learn to:
- Communicate using emotional intelligence
- Lead and manage a diverse workforce
- Manage budget, financial and operational plans while managing risk and improving practices
- Develop policy and procedures to support a sustainable work environment
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes that help you get ahead:
- An aspiration for leadership in the workplace
- Self-direction and discipline
- Self-motivation and the ability to prioritise work
- Experience in leading small teams
- The ability to think critically
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised Diploma
- Hands-on experience in leadership management essentials
- Corporate Services Managers
- Middle Managers
- Production Manager
- Business Operators
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Management
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 38 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this industry are:
- Aspiring or emerging leaders in the workplace
- Self directed and disciplined
- Self motived and able to prioritise work
- Experienced in leading small teams
- Critical thinkers
This course has been designed to deliver clusters of like units of competency together to ease your study load and improve efficiency. Many of the assessments are integrated with your course work and demonstrate:
- Task skills - performing the task
- Task management skills - managing a number of tasks
- Contingency management skills - dealing with irregularities e.g. unexpected problems and breakdowns in routine
- Job and role environment skills - fulfilling job and workplace responsibilities and expectations and transferring competencies to new contexts
The Certificate IV is designed to provide you with the skills you need to begin supervising your own team.
To be successful in the Diploma level course, you should complete the Certificate IV or have existing supervisory experience. The Diploma deepens your knowledge gained and equips you with the skills to succeed in management roles.
You will gain hands-on experience:
- In leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts
- Planning, organising, implementing and monitoring your own workload and the workload of others as well as evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems
You will work on real world projects such as communicating with others, leading teams and developing policy and procedure resources for the industry area of your expertise.
Through case studies and assessments, you will have the opportunity to role play, using a fictional organisation or your own workplace as a basis. Practice your concepts and ideas and bring these to life in your workplace.
The Diploma of Leadership and Management offers a blended delivery of face-to-face and online learning. You will study in TAFE NSW campus classrooms, simulated classrooms and within our online delivery platform. You may also choose your own workplace to use in case study scenarios.
Over the next five years to 2023, an anticipated 14,000 job openings will become available for corporate services managers.
During that time, the number of people working as general office managers is expected to fall with a trend for workers to take similar roles in other industries.
Transferable skills are in demand across a variety of sectors. Almost every job in every industry involves an element of leadership and management. This means that you will be benefit from the skills gained through the Diploma of Leadership and Management and be able to apply them in any job you have.
The leaders and managers of the future need to be innovative, creative and able to manage disruptive changes to organisational management. This course will provide you with the skills to guide your organisation and teams through major change and innovatively overcome gaps and meet goals.