Diploma of Marketing and Communication
National Course Code: BSB52415
The nationally recognised Diploma of Marketing and Communication equips you to take on senior marketing roles like digital marketing manager or public relations coordinator. Strengthen your communication expertise, create visionary marketing plans and enter the industry with a competitive edge.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Design and develop an integrated marketing communication plan
- Interpret market trends and developments
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- Lead and manage a team
- Create and manage budgets and financial plans
- Implement and monitor marketing activities
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to collaborate, work with and lead others
- Time management and organisational skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Strong pathways to continued studies to enhance your career opportunities
- Marketing manager
- Digital marketing specialist
- Communication manager
- Product manager
- International marketing coordinator
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication
- Bachelor of Business with TAFE NSW Degrees
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 2 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
People who are successful in this course have:
- Effective communication
- Organisational and time management skills
- Adaptability to work on varying projects
- Collaboration and the ability to work independently
- Critical thinking
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Theory based knowledge assessments
- Practical based skills assessments
- Project work
The Certificate IV course teaches you a variety of different marketing concepts. It provides you with the skills and knowledge to work in the marketing industry in areas such as branding, promotions, research, buyer behaviour and communications.
This course, the Diploma of Marketing and Communication, builds on the skills and knowledge you gained in the Certificate IV course. You will learn how to develop and carry out plans, interpret market trends, create budgets, and lead a team.
The Advanced Diploma of Marketing and Communication takes your expertise to the next level. You will gain the skills and knowledge to provide marketing leadership and strategic direction. You will learn to design, analyse and evaluate marketing communications using wide-ranging technical, creative and managerial competencies.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Developing a project plan
- Developing and approving budgets
- Organising work for a team
- Designing a marketing communication strategy
- Creating visual presentations
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Market research and analysis
- Apply market profiling to marketing and communication campaigns
- Interpret trends and market developments
- Use and report on market data
You will have access to industry specific computer rooms, studios, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities available at most TAFE NSW campuses.
Student facilities, amenities and support services include:
- TAFE NSW Disability Support Service
- TAFE NSW Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) support
- TAFE NSW Aboriginal Support; Learner support (ABE)
- TAFE NSW Careers, Counselling and Pathways Service
- Studiosity - online access to a tutor
As companies increase their online presence, almost half of the most in-demand marketing skills are in the digital marketing space. Online advertising expenditure in Australia hit $8.8 billion in 2018 growing 11.6% in the previous year and according to agency Zenith online video and social media will remain the fastest growing channels growing by 16.6% and 13.8% respectively (between 2019 and 2022).
The need for online presence and expert marketers in this space is due to the decrease in traditional ad spend and the increased consumption of digital media on our smartphones.
With continuing advances in digital technology, there are many opportunities to innovate in the marketing and communication industry.
Data sharing, increased connectivity and widespread social media use have resulted in unprecedented access to potential consumers. Combined with sophisticated data capture, analytics and reporting, todays marketers are able to learn more about their audience than ever before, and target them with relevant, personalised content.