Diploma of School Age Education and Care
National Course Code: CHC50213
If you have been working in after-school and vacation childcare and are ready to move into a more senior role, the Diploma of School Age Education and Care can get you there.
In this nationally recognised qualification you will learn to plan, implement and manage programs that address regulatory and duty of care requirements. You will also supervise volunteers and other staff.
Explore how to:
- Provide leadership across the organisation
- Reflect on and improve your own professional practice
- Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- Design and implement the curriculum to foster learning and development
- Develop and implement play and leisure experiences in school age care
Plus, we offer simulated workplace environments at many TAFE NSW locations and on-the-job training to ensure you graduate with industry and job ready experience.
The Diploma of School Age Education and Care leads to a career as a:
- Lead Educator in before and after school care programs
- Lead Educator in vacation care/holiday programs
- Lead roles in leisure/youth programs
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Childrens Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements on their website.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed