Certificate II in Construction
National Course Code: CPC20112
The nationally recognised Certificate II in Construction creates a strong foundation for you to excel in the building industry. You will develop essential construction skills as you explore the industry and gain hands-on training as a labourer before entering your apprenticeship qualification.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Plan and organise construction work
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Use hand and power tools and equipment
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication
- Good teamwork and collaboration skills
- Problem solving abilities
- A can-do attitude
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate II level
- A strong pathway to continue your studies and enhance your career opportunities
GROW YOUR CAREER
Become a licensed builder after completing the:
- Certificate III of Carpentry followed by the Certificate IV of Building
Strong growth in Australias population, anticipated increases in household disposable income and rising housing demand are likely to strengthen demand in the residential building construction sector over the next five years. The Certificate II in Construction ensures you have highly sought after foundational skills, that will kick start your career in the building industry.
This course is superseded by CPC20111. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
This course is currently available at 15 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.