Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
National Course Code: CPC31211
The nationally recognised Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining will give you a strong foundation for a career in the building industry. Renovate, extend and create projects with your new fibrous plastering and building skills, gain your trade licence and work towards owning your own business.
This is a fully government-subsidised JobTrainer course. Eligibility criteria applies.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Mix plastering compounds
- Fix fibre cement boards
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Complete basic levelling procedures
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Effective communication
- Problem solving
- Collaborative nature
- Punctual and reliable
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Eligibility to apply for your trade licence
- Skills and knowledge to start your own sole trader business
- Fibrous plasterer
- Wall and ceiling liner
GROW YOUR CAREER
- Certificate IV of Building (apprenticeship options available)
Infrastructure in Australia is at an all-time high, with residential, commercial and industrial builds sky-rocketing all over the country. The building industry is seeking qualified and licensed wall and ceiling liners who can keep up with the demand.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Effective communication
- Problem solving abilities
- Collaboration skills
- An enjoyment of working indoors and outdoors on building projects
- Punctual and reliable nature
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development.
In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments such as theory tests
- Practical assessments such as skills assessments
If you are an apprentice, the skills gained in your workplace may be recognised as evidence to contribute towards skills assessments.
This course, the Certificate III in Wall Ceiling and Lining, is an entry level qualification where youll gain all your underpinning experience in the wall and ceiling trade. It provides real world exposure where youll apply what youre learning in simulated and real-world environments.
When you graduate, you can work in the field as a sole trader. You can also start your own small business once you have attained your trade license.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Cutting and joining pipes
- Using levelling equipment
- Laying, installing and joining underground pipe services using pre-fabrication inspection openings and enclosures
- Working with drain cleaning equipment
- Installing trench support equipment
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Practice fixing, setting and joining battens, plasterboard, villaboard and cornices
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on-campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
This qualification is in a high demand skill shortage area of building construction and maintenance. Upon completion of this course, you will find work in new builds, house renovations, and house extensions. You will work across a variety of fields, including on residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
This course is superseded