Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monumental/Installation)
National Course Code: CPC32313
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Stonemasonry (Monument/Installation) is your pathway to learning one of the oldest construction trades in the world. Become a licensed stonemason and develop beautiful limestone, marble and sandstone creations across residential and commercial projects.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through a mix of theory and practical course work, learn to:
- Renovate and restore stone work
- Split and dress stone manually
- Identify, lay and finish stone
- Cut and lay segmental pavers
- Create decorative finishes
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes to help you get ahead:
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- A love for indoor and outdoor work settings
- Adaptability to regularly work at different environments and sites
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course provides you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Certificate III level
- Eligibility to apply to be a licensed stonemason
- Skills and knowledge to start your own sole trader business
- A strong pathway to continue your study and enhance your career opportunities
- Monumental stonemason
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with the:
- Certificate III of Business Administration
- Certificate IV in New Small Business
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- A punctual and reliable work ethic
- Love working in a variety of indoor and outdoor building projects
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Written assessments such as theory tests
- Practical assessments such as skills assessments
The Certificate II in Career and Study Preparation is an entry level qualification that provides no exposure to simulated or real world. It covers foundational English, maths and communication skills that may set you up for study success in the Certificate III. You do not need this Certificate II to enrol into the Certificate III.
This course, the Certificate III in Stonemasonry is an entry level trade qualification where youll gain all your technical and theoretical experience in the field. It provides real world exposure where youll apply what youre learning in simulated environments both in the field and in the classroom. You will advance your skills as you progress through the qualification and become eligible to apply as a licensed stonemason.
If you are looking to push yourself further, you may choose to enrol into a business qualification. These courses focus on how to run a business effectively, while managing finances and administration. The Certificate IV in New Small Business may be a good match.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Creating different profiles (round, square, oblong, intricately carved and deep detailed carved shapes)
- Utilising traditional stonemasonry methods
- Utilising modern stonemasonry machinery - this may include Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) lathes
You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Carving benchtops
- Manipulating different stone products
- Creating decorative finishes
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on-campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
The demand for stonemasons is increasing as the infrastructure industry continues to boom. Clients are seeking the look and feel that stonemasons can create through their craft, both in new builds and renovation projects.
This qualification is in a high demand skill shortage area of stone masonry building construction and maintenance.
This qualification allows you to step inside a niche specialisation in a booming industry. Stonemasonry is one of the oldest professionals in human history and has continued to evolve throughout the centuries. We ensure you will learn past and present methods to build your craft. This qualification currently attracts a government initiated student fee exemption for painting apprentices, due to industry pressure.
This course is superseded