Diploma of Hydraulic Services Design
National Course Code: CPC50612
The nationally accredited Diploma of Hydraulic Services Design will further your specialist skills as a hydraulics designer or consultant in the built environment industry. Advance your construction career and design hydraulics for residential, commercial and industrial projects.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn how to:
- Read and interpret client briefs
- Design complex water and sewerage services
- Create complex tender documents and detailed plans
- Design using computer software programs
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the soft skills that will help you get ahead in this field:
- Working collaboratively
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Stakeholder management
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised qualification at Diploma level
- Eligibility to apply for a Hydraulic Service Certificate
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Hydraulic Designer
- Hydraulic Services Designer
- Hydraulic Design Consultant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career and study further with a degree pathway:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Master of Engineering
The Diploma of Hydraulic Services Design has been designed with industry to meet a growing skills shortage in building construction and maintenance.
Talk to us today about how a trusted TAFE NSW diploma can help you achieve your goals.
This course is superseded. You can still enrol in this course, and you will be contacted if you need to transition into the next version when it is available.
People who are successful in this industry have:
- A desire to work on building projects
- Strong stakeholder management
- Enjoy meeting people
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and conflicting priorities
Assessments give you the opportunity to demonstrate what you have learned and to identify the knowledge or skills that may need further development. In this course you will undertake:
- Theory assessments for underpinning knowledge
- Practical plan design assessments to determine skill development
There are no Certificate II, III or IV courses in Hydraulic Services Design.
This is the established recognised qualification for those people wanting to work in the Hydraulic Services Design profession. It builds and establishes foundation knowledge and skills and is the industrys accepted qualification for registration as a Hydraulic Service Certifier with NSW Fair-trading Building Professionals Board.
This course does not offer excursions.
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Designing hydraulic services using computer software programs and interpreting standards and codes of practice
- Reading and writing complex documents such as materials specifications, tender documents and detailed plans
TAFE NSW is known for delivering theory along with practical, hands-on learning. You will work on real world projects, such as:
- Design complex hot and cold water services
- Design complex sewerage, sanitary and storm water pipe services for residential, industrial and commercial projects
Practical workshops allow you to develop your skills in a simulated office workplace.
TAFE NSW offers you a range of online and on campus study environments - industry specific computer rooms, simulated workplaces, study areas, presentation areas and general student facilities - to enhance your learning and employability.
This qualification is in a high demand skill shortage area of building construction and maintenance.
This course is superseded