Certificate III in Surveying and Spatial Information Services
National Course Code: CPP30216
The nationally accredited Certificate III in Survey and Spatial Information Services provides you with a comprehensive introduction to the industry and gets you work-ready for roles such as surveying assistant and spatial information services assistant. Gain strong foundation skills, use cutting-edge technology and discover the career path that is right for you.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theoretical and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Read, design and produce maps
- Collect surveying data
- Work with spatial data
- Perform simple surveying computations
- Operate specialised software
- Provide field support for surveying and spatial projects
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the attributes that will help you get ahead:
- Skills in recognising patterns and prioritising cues
- Strong situational awareness
- Mathematical aptitude
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
- A nationally recognised Certificate III qualification
- First Aid certificate - dependent on your electives
- Strong study pathways to specialise in surveying or spatial information services
Career outcomes and job roles:
- Surveying field assistant
- Spatial information services assistant
GROW YOUR CAREER
Take your career further with a TAFE NSW study pathway:
- Certificate IV in Surveying or Certificate IV in Spatial Information
- Diploma in Surveying or Diploma in Spatial Information Services
There is increasing demand for workers across Australia in both the surveying and spatial information services industries.
Employment for surveying or spatial science technicians in New South Wales is forecast to increase by 3.5% to around 430 jobs by 2025.
Sorry, this course is not currently open for enrolments.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Traineeship Allowed