Diploma of Building Design
National Course Code: CPP50911
Build your career as a Building Designer with the nationally accredited Diploma of Building Design. Gain sought-after CAD experience and specialise in residential projects such as new buildings, heritage restorations and renovations, or undertake commercial and industrial projects like factories, retail spaces and warehouses.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
Through theory and practical course work, you will learn to:
- Produce 3D rendered model animations and recommend sustainability solutions for small-scale building design projects
- Research construction materials and methods to use in building design
- Produce industry-standard documentation that supports client requirements
- Apply WHS requirements based on polices and procedure in the construction industry
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop the personal qualities and technical skills you need to get ahead in this field, including:
- Visually represent a client brief
- Problem solving skills
- Spatial awareness
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication skills
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Successfully completing this course will give you:
- A nationally recognised Diploma qualification
- A professionally developed portfolio of work
- Gain in-demand CAD knowledge
GROW YOUR CAREER
The Diploma of Building Design is the entry level qualification you need to become a Building Designer.
Plus, you can take your passion for study and design further with a TAFE NSW Graduate Diploma or Degree.
New construction and infrastructure projects will create more opportunities to advance your career in building design.
This qualification provides you with the technical and theoretical know-how to design and develop documentation required to national construction codes and standards.
This course is currently available at 5 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- VET Student Loans Available
- Full Time, Part Time Evening