Certificate IV in Design
National Course Code: CUA40715
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Design gives you the opportunity to explore a creative career while learning the essentials of design thinking, principles and applications. Study in purpose-built studios, workspaces and galleries and go onto to further study or work in this dynamic field.
DESIGN YOUR WAY
Depending on your location and career goals, focus your Certificate IV in Design in a sought-after discipline:
- Graphic design
- Interior design
- Production and entertainment
- Textile and printing
Check study locations below to view your options.
LEARN NEW SKILLS
You will learn theory and practice in design fundamentals:
- Develop critical and creative thinking
- Generate design solutions to client needs
- Work with colour processes and colour theory
- Realise a creative project from start to finish
- Create 2D and 3D models digitally and by hand
DEVELOP YOUR TALENT
Develop these attributes to launch your career:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Take direction and follow a brief
- Bring concepts to life through design
ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Completing this course will provide you with:
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Design qualification
Pathways into other creative fields like photography, ceramics and more
A portfolio of your work to share with employers
Career outcomes depending on your focus:
Junior graphic design assistant
Furniture design assistant
Work in a creative retail spaces such as museums and galleries
YOUR STUDY PATHWAYS
Take your creative practice to the next level with the:
- Diploma of Graphic Design
- Diploma of Live Production Design
Advance your creative technique with the Diploma of Creative Practice or the TAFE NSW Bachelor of Creative Practice.
From the clothes we wear to the cars we drive, design thinking is a crucial skill that is transferable across all industries.
This course is currently available at 16 campus locations across NSW. Enquire now for other locations.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Blended, Full Time, Part Time Day, Part Time Evening